Whether it’s the first dance at your wedding or trying to get an office party rolling, the only thing more important than the free alcohol you serve is the first song played. Any event you’re planning for deserves to start out in style.
First Dance at a Wedding
The very first dance you begin together marks the beginning of the rest of your life. Whether the tone is emotional, endearing, unconventional, or funny, it should hold a special place for you and your fiance. Here are some suggestions for a couple’s first dance.
- “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz
- “There Will Be Time” – Mumford & Sons, Baaba Maal
- “First Day of My Life” – Bright Eyes
- “I’m Gonna Make You My Wife” – Whispers
- “XO” – Cover by John Mayer
Great Songs to Get People Dancing
Depending on your crowd for the night, a variety of jams can pump things up to the next level. Guests love to dance to music that is upbeat, recognizable, and allows for playfulness on the dance floor.
Let’s be real, not all of us are the best dancers, but if the music is right, we’ll make a fool of ourselves for free. Here are some suggestions to get guests out of their seats and busting a move.
- “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson
- “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins
- “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
- “Hey Ya” – Outkast
Top Songs for Teens
The younger crowd is one of the hardest to keep up when it comes to music. Radio hits, songs about young love, and something with a quick beat is best for this group. These suggestions are perfect for a Sweet 16, Prom Night, or Graduation party.
- “Thunder” – Imagine Dragons
- “Closer” – The Chainsmokers, ft. Halsey
- “Stressed Out” – 21 Pilots
- “New Rules” – Dua Lipa
Bringing Fun to the Office
Balancing fun while still maintaining a professional tone is important to throwing an event with your co-workers. The last thing you want is a note from HR mentioning to calm it down for being inappropriate in the workplace. Here are some suggestions to keep it clean while still maining a great vibe for a party.
- “I Got a Feeling” – The Black Eyed Peas
- “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” – Wham!”
- “Twist and Shout” – Top Notes